Fridge advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have an under the counter fridge in my kitchen which is about 11 years old and is currently showing 15degrees C. ( setting on max) Its never been what I call "cold" since it was installed with the kitchen.

Im wonderring if its better to replace the fridge with a new eco model rather than spend money on a repair or re gassing. What else could be the problem?

Advice very much appriciated

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Fridges are cheap. Engineers are expensive. Buy a new one. Newer fridges are more efficient. There may be several problems with your fridge - low refrigerant may have caused other problems, including compressor damage. The door seals may be worn and the thermostat may be broken. A new fridge is the best bet. Not worth repairing an old one.

Take the door off the old one and seperate them before throwing it.

Hi,

Ya i too agree with Steve. Purchasing a new one is the best option you can go for.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back