Fridge Freezer - Freezing in the fridge. BUSH BFFF54170

Hi Mike
Did you measure the termistor resistance

Have a fridge/freezer with the sam circuitboard, with the same problem, cooling way to much,
Tried pullig of the plugs spring them with contact spray and mounted them again. However fridge still belov 0 degrees
So thought maybe the termister is bad.

When I massage the settings dial back and forth the compressor stops for awhile, could also bed the variable resister that is bad….

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Hello Colin,

I have exactly the same issue, did you find a fix or did the timer solution last?

Regards,

Kyle
I did, and you will not like the answer, the insulation had failed, over time the water in the air in the room freezes where the insulation is damaged, and conducts heat into the unit, this means the freezer works extra hard, and the fridge with many models gets a proportion of the freezers cooling, so ice builds up in fridge.

Doing a full defrost will melt the ice in the insulation, and it will work OK until the ice builds up again, because I would always defrost first before calling fridge guy, he did not see tell tail signs, then one time busy so did not defrost first, and he opened fridge door and condemned the whole unit as uneconomical to repair, and my appliance insurance paid out.

More expensive fridge/freezers have solenoids, and the fridge and freezer are independently controlled, and also the motors can be variable speed with inverter drives, often they actually display the temperature, and with a power cut show the highest temperature reached before power was restored, so not all like my old fridge/freezer, but many are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back