fridge/freezer infront of air bricks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all,

just need some advice on this one if anyone can help.

ive just changed round my kitchen and have moved the underworktop small fridge with small top freezer compartment into the larder cupboard.

Now - this larder cupboard is on the external wall and has an air brick/vent to the outside high and low level. Ive covered these vents up as when i go to get something out of the larder and the fridge this cupboard is freezing.

ive read articles on not letting fridges and freezers get too cold if their in your garage or shed, but what im really asking is - should i leave the vents uncovered and allow ice cold air in or should i block them up?

any help much appreciated. ;)

Sponsored Links
assuming you have no gas appliances in that or an adjoining room requiting airflow from the room yes block them in
the problem you may have is the freezer may not get cold enough if the room is below about 13-15 degrees

assuming you have no gas appliances in that or an adjoining room requiting airflow from the room yes block them in
the problem you may have is the freezer may not get cold enough if the room is below about 13-15 degrees

the new combi boiler is to the right of the larder wall and the gas meter is under the stairs which is the otherside of the left handwall.

ive got a co2 meter in the kitchen, so think i'll block the larder cupboard vents up.

thanks for posting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back