Fridge/freezer socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Have just replaced my 12 year old integrated Neff fridge/freezer. The new Neff unit is slightly deeper and fouls on the socket fitted to the wall behind the unit.

What can I do about this ?
I can't move the socket because there isn't any cable slack. I was therefore thinking that I could fit a flex outlet plate (instead of a socket) and wire that via a flex to a socket which could be positioned out of the way of the fridge. Alternatively, I could cut the plug off of the unit and wire directly to the flex outlet plate, but I didn't want to do this because of the warranty on the new fridge.

Is this the right thing to do or should I pay someone to come in and move the socket ?

Thanks.....

Sponsored Links
You could replace the socket with a flater fuse connection unit.
As long as you fit the correct size of fuse as specified by the manufacturer it will be fine.

Regards,

DS

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't going to fit a fused plate because I would need to move the fridge if I ever needed to change the fuse. I want to fit an unfused flat plate. The circuit already has a fused switch on the wall which is accessible without moving the fridge.

Is this okay ?

Are you saying that you have an FCU accessible without moving the fridge, but the old fridge was plugged into a socket using its plug, which also had a fuse?

Cut the plug off* and fit a flex outlet plate behind.

*Every kitchen appliance I've ever owned has stated that cutting the plug off doesn't void the warranty.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back