FRINGE

L

longdogs

Just finished watching the box set. What a superb series.

Anyone into sci-fi should definitely watch it. Superb acting, particularly from John Noble as Walter Bishop.

Any fans on here?

Sponsored Links
Never heard of it.
If its another one of those American mini series shows like "Hostages" then a load of tosh.

Digital channels are rubbish. To much advertising. 20 minutes of advertising in every hour is a joke which makes me reach for the off button. They keep the averts synchronized from channel to channel which is even more annoying.
More entertainment looking at the flames flickering in my new stove.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Not heard of that but Breaking Bad is good.

Sponsored Links
Never heard of it.
If its another one of those American mini series shows like "Hostages" then a load of tosh.

Digital channels are rubbish. To much advertising. 20 minutes of advertising in every hour is a joke which makes me reach for the off button. They keep the averts synchronized from channel to channel which is even more annoying.
More entertainment looking at the flames flickering in my new stove.

You're right. I started to watch Hostages but, after a couple or three episodes, I realised it was slow moving and nothing much was happening.

I don't know how they get away with so much advertising compared to the programme content. I thought there were legal limits, but some of these channels seem to have got around them somehow.

There are very few programmes that I watch on 'digital' channels, and all of them are repeats from long ago that I want to see again. Of course, the answer is to record them and then skip through the many adverts.

Another thing that the 'digital' channels don't seem to do very well, especially Drama, is transmit the start and end codes for recorders. I presume they do this to discourage recording.

I agree completely that hostages is rubbish, watched the first three then got bored. I am definitely not into American mini series- Didn't like, Grimm, Lost, True blood etc etc, they are mostly ****te. I also had never heard of Fringe until a friend lent me the first season, then I was hooked.

Much better than Xfiles, CSI and all the other mini series put together. Ok, so I know everyone has different tastes but if you want to see a good sci-fi series with good acting and characters that you care about, hire the first season and give it a go. Without doubt, the best programme I have seen in many years. And no adverts on a DVD.

Fringe was an excellent series and as you say walter bishop guy what an actor

Sponsored Links
Back