Frog tape - Bleeding

Sponsored Links
I can't see what the wall is like, but it's more than likely that the tape wasn't pressed down sufficiently.

Looking at the wall, it's possible that it's the patterning/depressions on the wall that's allowing the paint to creep under.

Did you paint upwards, or downwards. painting upwards is more likely to push paint up under the tape where there are gaps under it.

Sponsored Links
You might have to re-do the tape 10mm higher, and give it a go again.

Yeh what i've done, such a fine life i've got at the moment.

I'll let you know tomorrow as it was too late to paint now!

The taping up was yes, i could had done with a laser measure tbh as measuring manually from the ceiling down meant I've got some minuscule wavy lines.

Great what you can do with a bit of tape and imagination!

The taping up was yes, i could had done with a laser measure tbh as measuring manually from the ceiling down meant I've got some minuscule wavy lines.

Great what you can do with a bit of tape and imagination!

My first paint job ever was doing the bathroom several weeks ago, unfortunately lots of bleeding due to uneven plaster between ceiling and wall.

Like what you did, well done.

Was that after a skim? I actually cut in myself with brush at the top as they are also uneven.

Sorry what's a skim?

In future I probably won't bother with tape when it's that uneven as tape seems to cause more problems than it's worth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back