Front door ~ oak veneer - recommendation please for finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted oak veneer front door. I don't want to paint it but would like a natural finish. It is in full sunlight for part of the day. I would like a durable finish without the plastic varnish effect. Any recommendations please?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You need to contact the manufacturer for advice.

Fair point joe, in regards to the glue used for the veneer. I have heard of some treatments softening the glue and damaging the veneer, but never seen this myself.

In the finishing trade it is always very unwise to try and assume that you are a pro dec!!!!!!! Each and almost all situations regarding both finish and longevetiy have not only a dependance on product but a greater knowledege of substrate.

You have to me already admited that you are a sparks by trade, if this is so please tell me where you you gained such a grasp of the trade!!!!!!! I think that we have met before.

Dec

You need to contact the manufacturer for advice.

Fair point joe, in regards to the glue used for the veneer. I have heard of some treatments softening the glue and damaging the veneer, but never seen this myself.

In the finishing trade it is always very unwise to try and assume that you are a pro dec!!!!!!! Each and almost all situations regarding both finish and longevetiy have not only a dependance on product but a greater knowledege of substrate.
I
You have to me already admited that you are a sparks by trade, if this is so please tell me where you you gained such a grasp of the trade!!!!!!! I think that we have met before.

Dec
I think you need to get a grip m8! Yes I am a sparks but do quite a few other things besides. Don't forget this is a DIY forum after all and all I am doing is passing on advice due to my experiences. Really don't see what your problem is. Am I breaking the forum rules and if so could you advise me on which one(s)? If as I suspect that I am doing nothing wrong, then stop having a go.

Simply try to advise the op and keep the thread on topic.

Now I know how you are, thank you for making it easy for me Elrobbo

Dec

Now I know how you are, thank you for making it easy for me Elrobbo

Dec

Good god, you playing starspark1's games now are you! Just as 1 idiot subsides another arises...........smart one!

Yes this is indeed a diy forum, where people like myself sometimes find the time to point them in the right direction in the hope that they can acheive their desired result, remember this is the finishing trade and chancers are two a penny.

There is a great deal of knowledge on this forum and very many tradesman offer their advice often based on lifetime of experience.

Dec

Yes this is indeed a diy forum, where people like myself sometimes find the time to point them in the right direction in the hope that they can acheive their desired result, remember this is the finishing trade and chancers are two a penny.

There is a great deal of knowledge on this forum and very many tradesman offer their advice often based on lifetime of experience.

Dec

So now your saying that you have to be of a certain age to give advice! Why not then try to act your age since you must be quite old if you often give advice based on your logic. Experiences are experiences no matter the age or trade! I am a multi qualified, multi skilled professional who has a wealth of differing experiences covering quite a few trades am wiling to share these experiences with other people on this site. To call me a chancer who is 2 a penny with out seeing any of my work is a bit deluded on your part. If you get your kicks by trying to stalk the forum and put people off posting then you are a very small individual. Grow up and leave off, it is pathetic, but i'll let you have the last work so you can overcome your insecurities............go for it.................

Dec

So now your saying that you have to be of a certain age to give advice! Why not then try to act your age since you must be quite old if you often give advice based on your logic. Experiences are experiences no matter the age or trade! I am a multi qualified, multi skilled professional who has a wealth of differing experiences covering quite a few trades am wiling to share these experiences with other people on this site. To call me a chancer who is 2 a penny with out seeing any of my work is a bit deluded on your part. If you get your kicks by trying to stalk the forum and put people off posting then you are a very small individual. Grow up and leave off, it is pathetic, but i'll let you have the last work so you can overcome your insecurities............go for it.................

Clown, I did not call you a chancer you just called yourself one, recall that chancers are two a penny. And as far as age is concerned I dont believe that to be a factor, and beware [/b]GOOGLE has been known to damage your eyes.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back