Front Porch possible 2m or less

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
New here posting for may be the first time.

We are looking at the idea of building a front porch with dwarf walls (DIY Project) at the front.
I have done bricklaying before so I have a clue about it regarding walls and roofing however I am unsure about the foundation element and hence this thrread.
1713169750304.png

If we go 2m x 2m then it goes into that gravel bit.
My question is do I need to check both concreted and gravel bit and build a foundation or just dig the gravel bit and get it levelled up completely and then build?

thanks

Sponsored Links
There apper to be several cables (telephone/internet/tv) buried under that gravel so you really should provide a means of being able to draw these out/replace before you build over them.

can you elaborate on why would a planning permission be needed? @Notch7

with regards to those cables, one is for virgin media and the other one I know about so that will get sorted.

Going back to original question about FOUNDATION, any advice on that? thank you

Sponsored Links
It might be if you're building a house. I'd have thought 200 wide by 150 deep good enough for a single porch dwarf wall and leave the existing slab as-is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back