Frontera wheel nuts.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is one security nut fitted per wheel.

It has no castellation but is turned by engaging a tool with three pins which fit into three holes in the end of the nut.

Is this a Vauhall part or a retrofit?

Where can I get the tool to fit it?

How do the RAC/AA deal with security wheel nuts when called by women to change wheels?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ya, take 'em off with one of these and one of these failing that, whack an old undersize socket on and remove, failing that weld an old socket to the nut.

But don't whatever you do go to a vuaxhall dealer and say hove you got a locking wheel nut remover for my Frontera, as after careful consideration, they'll probably say, OK, it's a reasonable swap :LOL:

Yes, I am aware that there are non specific removers.

But I was after a specific one for my particular ones.

Any further info?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Why are you so keen on preserving them? Wouldn't it be better to whizz 'em off and get some new ones?

If its the kind I am thinking of then you'll be extremely unlikely to get a replacement for the removal tool as they are all slightly different (to prevent them being used to steal wheels!).

Get them off any way you can and fit a new set. Not worth the time/money to do anything else.

Alf, if they are the ones you think they are then are they a Vauxhall part or an independent product?

Tony

The ones I am thinking of are an after market product. Its been a long time since I worked in the car trade so I'll have a think and see if I can remember the name.

It might be worth asking Vauxhall anyway to see if they are standard.

Al

This isn't the same brand I remembered but its the same idea:

car_photo_217693_7.jpg

Is that the sort of thing?[/img]

None of the nuts are the right kind as the security one is just round but the "key" nut is exactly what would be needed to fit subject to any random dimensional change.

The ones on the car do look pretty symetrical though.

What are the ones in the picture?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back