Frost Stat Wiring for multiple zone valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to fit a frost and pipe stat to my boiler located in my garage. I am pretty sure I understand the wiring required to fire up the central heating in the event of the frost stat kicking in.

In addition to the boiler the hot water tank and a heat exchanger for a pool are located nearby both on separate zone valves but both on the HW channel of the programmer. Am I correct in thinking that if I wire the output from the pipe stat to the live on all of the zone valves the this will create a link between the CH and HW channels when the programmer is in use.

If this is correct any suggestions on how to overcome this, or do I just need another frost and pipe stat set.

Thanks is advance for any replies

Sponsored Links
Just connect it one zone of your choice to protect the boiler.

If you do all the valves you will need a four pole contactor, probably overkill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back