Extra zone valve wiring in - y plan system

If the receiver is in the cupboard the stat can go virtually anywhere central.

If you go for a timer post the make/model and I'll alter the drawing

Sponsored Links
Will a simple on/ off immersion type (digital) be okay?

Assuming so, I would now know how to wire that in but not how to add a new or existing (?!) frost stat to the equation....

I would recommend a proper heating timer, you can get them very cheap if cost is a consideration, although the good ones are well under a £100.00

If it is only turning on and off twice a day, why does it need to be more than a simple timer? What advantage would a heater timer be, given what it is doing in this instance?

Sponsored Links
Because if someone sees an immersion heater timer they may wire an immersion heater to it, and secondly a cheapo htg timer is no more expensive that an immersion heater timer.

What type would you suggest for a cheap timer? It only needs to come on twice a day and can be the same each day of the week.

I would use a programmable stat (not wireless) which would save the need for a second frost stat but the bedroom that the controls etc are off with the immersion in etc is generally a very warm room. Although probably just as cold as anywhere when the house is empty... Thus it may work in there. I'd just have to set the temp to very high to make sure the rest or the zone was being heated... Let me think on this as we may be back to plan A.

its only a suggestion but why not ask for a price to fit valve as required and a price for fit valve and wiring as required .. you supply the parts if the will do it that way

Might surprise you that its not that much for the wiring and job done

Just a bit worried that you maybe out your depth and once heating wiring been played around with it can be a bitch to sort out .. a decent sparks would wire this in 2 hrs tops and all no stress for you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back