Frost stat wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Prima b balanced flue pumped system with a British gas program timer emp2, I wish to fit a wired frost thermostate. IT already has one but I think it is wired wrong because when the timer turns off their is no constant live at any side of the honeywell froststate or boiler
The timer has a back plate marked N. L.1.2.3.4. (with power comming in from fused switch to N&L) the Boiler block has E. N. L. SWL. + E.N.L for the pump.

could someone advise where the live from timer to boiler should connect and run, and timer to frostate to boiler need to check before calling someone in Thanks
telboy

Sponsored Links
If you're going to get someone in, why do you want to know the details?

You are right that the frost stat should have a live on one terminal irrespective of the timer.

Here are some useful bits of information.

oilman said:
If you're going to get someone in, why do you want to know the details?

You are right that the frost stat should have a live on one terminal irrespective of the timer.

Here are some useful bits of information.

Thanks for replying so quick .I would like to asure myself it is wired correct, as the previous person who fixed it obviously did not and may well have mooved wires
telboy

Sponsored Links
You really only need to worry about the function rather than the wiring. To see if it is connected correctly, take the cover off and turn the stat up until it clicks, when the boiler should start. Just mind your fingers on the terminals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back