Frosted bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it's been freezing cold recently but is it normal for brick to frost over like this on a new extension? It's north facing.

Attachments

• 20221216_123428.jpg
    20221216_123428.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 20221216_123436.jpg
    20221216_123436.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 94
Sponsored Links
I know it's been freezing cold recently but is it normal for brick to frost over like this on a new extension? It's north facing.
I'm more concerned with why the kitchen window is so shallow. It needed to be about another 3 or 4 bricks deeper. (y) :oops:

:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Is it new enough that the bricks are still drying out?

The foot of the wall looks particularly wet. Is the gutter spilling?

What like a window cill on the outside?
No. A kitchen window is usually about 1050mm deep from sill to header. Meaning you end up with a 150mm upstand above the kitchen worktops. There must be a foot of wall above the kitchen worktops. Looks like a loo window.

I'm going for study/guest bedroom - no one has lamps like that in their kitchen! :)

...with a sink!

Is it new enough that the bricks are still drying out?

The foot of the wall looks particularly wet. Is the gutter spilling?
Its been 7 months since roof went on. Not noticed the gutter spilling but there was a leak on the downpipe. Thanks

No. A kitchen window is usually about 1050mm deep from sill to header. Meaning you end up with a 150mm upstand above the kitchen worktops. There must be a foot of wall above the kitchen worktops. Looks like a loo window.
I'm 6ft 6 so works for me

I'm 6ft 6 so works for me
The widow and door heads don't change and are set at roughly 2.1 meters. Your height makes no difference. It just means you have less available natural light shedding in a very important and well used space. Plus it looks odd.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back