Frozen pipes - help needed ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2C0369B6-CAAC-4E6B-9CDA-5730458F9685.jpeg
7FA1838F-4A65-489C-B2A4-72F42A17D441.jpeg
Hi everyone I just tried to use hot water tap in kitchen and no water came out I think my pipes have frozen, I’m thinking the pipe to the water tank is frozen, I’ve been in the loft and checked the water tank has not filled up the stop cock is down, so I’m guessing. The cold water feed is frozen, what is the best thing to do just wait for temperature to go up and let unfreeze naturally, my loft is very cold any help would be appreciated thank you

Sponsored Links
Before doing anything, find the house main stop cock, and make sure you can turn it off if there are issues in your loft.
Then, check those visible pipes for splitting and if they seem ok, gently raise the temperature with a hair dryer or similar.
John :)

you might consider cleaning out that tank while you're up there.

Also, measure it so you can buy a lid

And invest in some pipe lagging.

Order it quickly, because by the end of the day lots of shops will be sold out.

The "byelaws" grade is thicker and better, if it will fit. You can cut it with a serrated breadknife. Tape joins and bends.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/search?text=pipe+lagging

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much for the advice I actually brought the house a year ago and in 2 weeks time I’m getting the water tank changed to the black poly tank with lid , didn’t expect the pipe to freeze, the previous owner didn’t put any insulation on pipes

Hi all I use the hairdryer and melted the ice and pipes and got it working thank so much for the advice glad I’m having it all changed I’m 2 weeks time

Lol it was frozen but it’s also buggered will be changed soon at least the hairdryer came useful for something as I’m bold it’s not used at all haha

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back