Frozen soil waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi yes i have a frozen soil waste pipe.The reason for this i think is that i have a bathroom sink waste which is connected into it .This i suspect has dripped++++ causing the build up of ice and hence the blockage.The blockage is probably 2/3 feet down but is difficult to say.I've tried pouring boiling water down with little effect.The other problem is the pipe is cast iron.Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
As its iron then I doubt a hairdryer would have much effect. Hot air gun or blowlamp on lower setting might get enough heat into the pipe to start melting it a bit. Once you can get some water moving i'd put hot water down the bathroom sink to try and melt the rest of it away.

Sponsored Links
Lower setting on lamp :eek: we were using roofers torches and big bottles in that 80`s freeze - I blamed Maggie @ the time :mrgreen: mind you that was hanging soils under a car park so it might have been spun cast - bit like this spun tale ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back