FSU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have got a double socket ,next to it is a fused spur,below is a single switch socket,the cable from the single socket goes to the fused spur at the supply side as does the double,.
My question is I want to plug in my washing machine into the single,doesn't the washing machine cable need to be connected to the load side of the fsu

Sponsored Links
Is there another cable in the single and double sockets or only one?

If there are two cables feeding each unit, the FCU may be disused.

There is a cable going from the single to the fsu,there is a cable going from the double to the fsu on the supply that is both,no cable going to load side of fsu

What I'm getting at is I want to plug washing machine into single socket,is the fsu redundand as there is nothing in the load side

Sponsored Links
What I'm getting at is I want to plug washing machine into single socket,is the fsu redundand as there is nothing in the load side

You can plug the washing machine in. It does not need to be fed by the FCU, it has a fuse in its plug. It looks as if the fcu is redundant.

Cheers Winston.
What I wanted to know was the cable from the single socket ,should that go to the load side of the fcu as am plugging into socket with appliance, ie load,

Cheers Winston.
What I wanted to know was the cable from the single socket ,should that go to the load side of the fcu as am plugging into socket with appliance, ie load,

No, that cable is a spur and does not need to be fused.

Before you go rushing off to act on Winston's advice, which he gave without proper consideration, are you sure that the double socket is not itself on a spur?

How many cables are there at each accessory, and where do they go to/come from?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back