Spur for washing machine and dishwasher?

No, I mean better with two singles than one double. ... Because if the total is 20a the sockets going to melt! ...
Yes, I understand all that but it's the "where the load is predetermined" bit that I'm confused by.

On the one hand, if the loads were predetermined and known to be low then, contrary to what you seemed to be suggesting, a double socket would seem fine. On the other hand, if the loads are not predetermined (i.e. could be anything) then (again seemingly contrary to what you appeared to be imply) that would seem to be a good reason for having two single sockets - because that 'non-predetermined load' could theoretically turn out, at least on some occasions, to be 2 x 13A.

... or am I still misunderstanding you?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I may be confused! As I was on the tube. But I thought the loads were pretty close to 20A in total.
If that 2xFCU>2x single>double IMO.

To the op, just spur another single with 2.5mm cable. It's the cheapest option and no cats will be harmed in the process.
If you catch anyone connecting a fan heater to each, tell them to use another socket.

ITo the op, just spur another single with 2.5mm cable. It's the cheapest option and no cats will be harmed in the process.
Indeed, despite the non-mandatory 'guidance' of Appendix 15 of the regs.
If you catch anyone connecting a fan heater to each, tell them to use another socket.
I believe the socket(s) are to be behind the appliances, so little risk of that. In any event, 2 fan heaters might draw less than the peak simultaneous load of the OP's two machines, albeit not for as long as might be the case with the fan heaters!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for contributing. Yes, the socket(s) will be behind integrated appliances. From the discussion, it now seems back to my original thought. Spurring another single socket. I will try and see if I can get it off the ring, as I got the picture that this would be much better (and in line with regulations) than off the first single that is on a spur, though that might technically work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back