Fujitsu Siemens Laptop - defunct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My daughter has a Fujitsu Siemens laptop which she bought from Comet about 16 months ago. Yesterday it stopped working. The screen remains blank; the only sign of life is that the hard drive light comes on.

Unfortunately, she didn't take out an extended warranty. :(

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Few things to check first:

You say the HD light comes on - does it look as though it is booting - eg is is flickering etc. If so it could be the TFT or cabling that has failed/come loose. Try connecting an external monitor to it and see what you get.

If is knackered, you might want to look into a post warranty for it - dunno if Fujitsu do them though.

If not you could either claim on your insurance after accidently dropping after you removed the HD, :eek: or get it repaired. We use www.laptopsrepair.co.uk. They are quite good - max you'll pay for P&P is £25 - quoting is free.

I've just phoned my daughter and she says that occasionally the screen will light up and an error message appears but then the screen goes blank again.

I've just phoned my daughter and she says that occasionally the screen will light up and an error message appears but then the screen goes blank again.

Mmm, without knowing the error message - or even part of it, I can't help much. If you have a local computer shop you could take it in there for a diagnosis, or as I said previously send it off to the repair company.

Sponsored Links
The laptop will have a VGA port on it. This allows you to plug a normal computer monitor into it. Plug one in and boot up the laptop. If you see output on the monitor you know it's a problem with the laptops screen (possible the controller board). At least you will be able to see error messages that maybe the root of the cause.

Back