Funniest news of the day ... (B word)

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Daily Mail reporting that some people are furious (not sure if there are any, they may be making it all up) about the fact that when the UK properly leaves the EU, we will be treated like other people not in the EU, and not be allowed to live there for as long as we like and might even get a travel ban if the sun lounging immigrants spend too long lazing about the place.

"Furious British expats blast EU's new* post-Brexit travel rules which will ban them from spending more than three months at a time at their holiday home from January"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-blast-EUs-new-post-Brexit-travel-rules.html

*this is not a "new rule", it is the rule that has always applied to anybody outside the EU. It's the same reason non EU people cannot just come and live in the UK because it's nicer here.

I think it is starting to sink in ... :)

Sponsored Links
It's more amusing that we're allowing a more lenient immigration policy than the EU has.

Last edited:
I love the way the Mail pulls at the heart strings of readers with stories of people hard done by, this is great:

Kate Key, 70, owns a holiday home in Normandy, France, and she told MailOnline the new rules will make it harder for her to see her son and his family who live in the region.

She said she would normally stay in France from March through to October. But she said: 'Under the new rules if I go in March and use my 90 days it means I cannot return until mid-September which will only give me a few weeks until the end of season.'

She said the new rules will mean she is 'forced to spend a lot of time alone at home in the UK' and she is 'dreading the loneliness'.
Here's an idea Kate Kay Katie Kayleigh (not a made up name): Tell you're son it's time to leave the EU and come home, we voted OUT!

Can you imagine the uproar if this was written from a Romanian perspective, with an elderly mother moaning that they can't live in Kent all year to be near their son who works in a warehouse.

Works both ways Katy McKay!

Sponsored Links
It's more amusing that we're allowing a more lenient immigration policy than the EU has.
In line with the rules that at present keep all those UK tax dodgers living outside the EEA happy ;)

If the problem of a longer stay is obtaining a visa - then why not obtain a visa and stay longer?

Trump looks graceful in defeat compared with the weirdo lefty gay snowflakes.
And that’s saying something. Trump more graceful than the window lickers.
They just look like disgruntled ex-pats to me. Probably voted for Brexit too.

Get Brexit Done, lol.

*this is not a "new rule"
Correct.

It's new to The Daily Wail and its army of brexer window lickers though. You'd have thought they'd have thought this through.

Agree with dangee, brexers have never been touted as the brightest bunch.

Trump looks graceful in defeat compared with the weirdo lefty gay snowflakes.
And that’s saying something. Trump more graceful than the window lickers.
Oh dear Dangee's having a tantrum

You can't handle negative Brexit news can you?

You better buckle in......it's gonna get very bad soon

Trump looks graceful in defeat

Did I miss something? Is this the same guy that made false claims about fraud, get's his supporters to rally outside polling stations to stop democrats voting. Graceful?!?

So graceful

11987400.jpg

My heart bleeds for poor old ....Kate Kay Katie Kayleigh.. boo hoooo oooooo

I love the way the Mail pulls at the heart strings of readers with stories of people hard done by, this is great:

Kate Key, 70, owns a holiday home in Normandy, France, and she told MailOnline the new rules will make it harder for her to see her son and his family who live in the region.

She said she would normally stay in France from March through to October. But she said: 'Under the new rules if I go in March and use my 90 days it means I cannot return until mid-September which will only give me a few weeks until the end of season.'

She said the new rules will mean she is 'forced to spend a lot of time alone at home in the UK' and she is 'dreading the loneliness'.
Here's an idea Kate Kay Katie Kayleigh (not a made up name): Tell you're son it's time to leave the EU and come home, we voted OUT!

Can you imagine the uproar if this was written from a Romanian perspective, with an elderly mother moaning that they can't live in Kent all year to be near their son who works in a warehouse.

Works both ways Katy McKay!

Il love the way Kate Kay Katie Kayleigh thought the brexit vote was all about her lavish life style....

Sponsored Links
Back