Funny tasting water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ever since I had a new kitchen tap fitted two weeks ago the water has tasted 'burnt' (its the only way I can describe it) and the taste doesnt seem to be fading the more the tap is used. Any advice on what is causing this and what I could do to get rid of it?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
No explanation, suggested that it may be the tap as I supplied that and he supplied the pipes etc. But if it is something in the tap or pipes I would expect it to fade over time.

Is the tap fed from a new bit of copper pipe? Copper will taste funny until it has had a chance to oxidise on the inside, is the taste quite "metallic"

Sponsored Links
ajbelly said:
Ever since I had a new kitchen tap fitted two weeks ago the water has tasted 'burnt' taste

Ah yes, that's a classic 2006 vintage :D

Seriously though, as BoxBasher asks, is it 'New' copper pipe (nice and shiny) or is it dull?

Oh and, where did you get the tap?

I got the tap from an Ebay shop, very reputable.

Yes the pipes are shiny new copper ones, so maybe it is a case of waiting for them to oxidise.

correction, wouldnt say very reputable, im a seller on ebay and i can tell you now that most ebayers ive know or seen claim to be new when in fact it is second hand returned goods bought at auction.

Could be the copper hasn't oxidised, could be that the taps are cheap imports and not Wras approved/DWI approved material.

What make are the taps, did the packaging have a Wras logo or Kitemark on anywhere? (I know that some legitimate taps are not Wras approved but it would rule it out if they were)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back