Furlough (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dystopia, a small island too close to Europe
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter is self employed, and was/is affected by covid so she took the payment for self employed (not sure if it is technically a furlough payment). Since the end of lockdown she has been back working, still nowhere near as busy, so she was going to take the next payment, but as she is in the process of buying a house, she was told by her mortgage advisor that if she took it, she wouldn't be granted the mortgage. So, she hasn't claimed it, yet, but will do after the house goes through. I suppose the point of the post is, **** morals, if you're entitled, claim it.

Sponsored Links
Seems silly to me - you can get a mortgage with reduced earnings but not with the same reduced earnings plus a top-up? Oh well, they make the rules I suppose.

Sponsored Links
People are entitled to benefits but when they claim it they are derided as scroungers but taking Furlough payments is just getting what is your entitlement.

People are entitled to benefits but when they claim it they are derided as scroungers but taking Furlough payments is just getting what is your entitlement.
But both affect your credit rating...

Despite as you say some claiming it is their 'entitlement' - regardless of need (!)

Despite as you say some claiming it is their 'entitlement' - regardless of need (!)
You really have tunnel vision on this.

EVEN if someone is not completely 'in need', but are still entitled, I would tell people to take it because they don't have a crystal ball.
If you get covid down the road, you're not able to work for at least 2 weeks, leaving income as statutory sick pay. If you are one of those unfortunate souls who have a fairly long recovery time, what the heck is a person supposed to do for money?

Stuff your morals. Morals don't feed you, pay your rent. Take the money, if get through all this unscathed, donate it to a homeless charity for those who lost everything.

That's what comes from not understanding that your credit rating will be affected by taking a handout :rolleyes:

But both affect your credit rating...

Really? I’ve been taking 'handouts' since March. Perhaps you, as an expert in this field, can explain why my credit rating has remained top notch?

011D18A9-B362-4738-B80E-0A416502A2FF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back