Furlough (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Perhaps we should listen to older folks. They've lived a life, seen its ups and downs and are better positioned to advise on things.
I think I’ve been through at least 3 or 4 recessions. Always followed by a boom so don’t worry unless you’ve been silly and overstretched yourself. I really think debt and money management should be taught in schools properly and not just glossed over.

Sponsored Links
I really think debt and money management should be taught in schools properly and not just glossed over.
Indeed...

And the first lesson should be that should you wish to better yourself via university then you will probably be saddled with a lifetime of debt (n)

Moi aussi.

How many of those have you experienced along side a financially catastrophic epidemic and no-deal brexit?
None. Have we had a no-deal Brexit yet? Did I miss it?

Last edited:
Indeed...

And the first lesson should be that should you wish to better yourself via university then you will probably be saddled with a lifetime of debt (n)

Better they pay than the rest of us do in our taxes. We’ve funded their first 10 years or so of education, time for them to find out what life is about at their or their parents direct expense. I’d say there’s an equal split of students going to university from my observations. 50% go because their parents want that mortarboard/gown/degree photo for the mantelpiece and 50% go to put off the big bad world of work for another 4 years or so.

Better they pay than the rest of us do in our taxes. We’ve funded their first 10 years or so of education, time for them to find out what life is about at their or their parents direct expense. I’d say there’s an equal split of students going to university from my observations. 50% go because their parents want that mortarboard/gown/degree photo for the mantelpiece and 50% go to put off the big bad world of work for another 4 years or so.
Sounds like the rant of someone who wasn't of the ability to attend University...

Or someone who has the hypocrisy to accept educational funding back in the day and then deny it to future generations...

Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back