Fuse Box trips out when i turn my grill on ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a Newworld built in oven with grill. The problem i`m having is that when i turn the grill knob for the grill to come on it trips out my main fuse box leaving me with no power in the house atall untill i turn the knob back and reset my fuse box, my oven works fine its just the grill. Do you think its worth replacing the grill element or just fork out for a new oven, any help would be great, regards paul

Sponsored Links
Is the grill in the/a oven?

If do do you get this problem if you try the grill after the oven has been on for a while?

How old is the cooker?

Did anything happen to the cooker just before this started?

Basically it's not unknown for elements to develop small cracks, moisture gets in and therefore you get earth leakage and the RCD trips. Hence me wondering if heat from the oven would drive out moisture.

Do you know how much a new element costs, and are you happy that you'd be able to replace it?

depends on how old the oven is..
or if you might want a new oven anyway.. it's a good excuse..

ban-all-sheds";p="1218332 said:
Is the grill in the/a oven?

its three years old and the grill is in the oven , i havent tried it after the oven has been on a while so ill give it ago later on. I think the element is thirty pounds, i`m just hoping it is that and not something else and that its not to difficult to replace..

Sponsored Links
If you're otherwise happy with the oven then why junk it if you can fix it for £30?

Ask on the appliances forum for any experiences of replacing the element.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back