Fuse carrier. (BS3036)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to change a DB to-day with some quality fuse carriers!

103_0391.jpg

A few exposed screw heads.

103_0392.jpg

103_0393.jpg

Sponsored Links
The actual wylex branded ones didn't - they are always very good. It is the proteous copies that do it.

The proteous ones where designed for a proteous board, but are often seen in the wylex boards instead.

Similar thing used to happen with the MEM industrial ones.

Green was that a 45amp, why did they make the board with it there,
was it to reduce the load on the busbar.

Sponsored Links
Found some of those 20A ceramic MEMs just last week in that condition.

The old ceramic MEM ones are renown for it, asbestos too :rolleyes:

Think I have a picky somewhere.

Not seen plastic 3036s on industrial boards. I think BS88 carriers were plastic, and would fit the old boards., but I'm not aware of the spots being able to fall off them.

The green fuse is a 45A. The split CU like in the picture has a dedicated 45A rated way, where as all the other ways are only 30A rated.

IIRC they came out towards the end of the reign of 3036 CUs, and were designed to allow an electric shower in addition to the standard four circuit setup.

Not seen plastic 3036s on industrial boards. I think BS88 carriers were plastic, and would fit the old boards., but I'm not aware of the spots being able to fall off them.

Your right there, Doing a lot of pubwork they, have wire in, but are meant to be Hrc fuses.
There not really spots, they are a matching black disc pushed in when there made.
somehow they get pushed out when the fuse is changed, and i suppose get lost.

This is the type of board I was referring to, although all the spots are in place on this one. :oops:

IMGP2214.jpg

I see a 30 amp one of them recently, when I opened it there was 3 rows of dinrail and mcb's,unbeleivable.

I think them spots melted when they got hot.

:LOL:

Wish I'd had my camera last week. There were two 20A, two 30A and two 60A boards all in a nice neat line at a factory we were periodicing :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back