Fuse holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, new member here, just a small question somebody here may be able to help me with :confused:

I have Henley consumer unit, looks oldish maybe 70's not sure I have been told by my electric company who inspected the unit that I need a new fuse holder. I appreciate my unit will need upgrading to a modern one soon but for now a new holder is what I want.

So off to B&Q I pop for a new one but they sell me a wylex circuit breaker type unit which looked too big but they insisted it would fit blah blah sure enough it wouldn't fit :mad: B&Q eventually sent me to another electrical warehouse where they tried to sell me the same unit.

Now I'm sure one of you guys will know exactly what I'm looking for and where I can get one, I've put a photo of the fuse holder in my album not sure how to attach in the message content :oops: (the red bit I need) and the consumer unit where the fuse holder goes into circuit 1.

Thanks Sue[/img]

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, you won't be able to get any spare parts for that unit - they are simply not made any more (and haven't been for a very long time).

The damage has been caused by overheating, which suggests either the contacts were loose, or more likely, that circuit was overloaded.

It's definitely time for a replacment. As already stated you won't be able to get these parts anymore.

Also, the fact they are badly burnt/scorched suggests problems that have already been highlighted by flameport.

Bongos - you were round at Sue's house with a camera and all you got photos of were her fuseboard?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies so far, I guessed a new consumer unit was needed but until then I was hoping for a temporary solution, hopefully someone might know where I can still get some old parts or a modern alternative replacement that will fit?

Thanks for the replies so far, I guessed a new consumer unit was needed but until then I was hoping for a temporary solution, hopefully someone might know where I can still get some old parts or a modern alternative replacement that will fit?
Best bet might be to try and contact Henley direct. But I really don't think you'll have much luck.

Also, it's not really a solution because whatever has caused the burning to the old parts will do the same to the new. This fuseboard really requires some attention much sooner than later. It's likely that in the 40 or so years since that fuseboard was installed, the electrical demand in your house will have increased somewhat. Previous owenrs may have conducted all sorts of dodgy add ons etc.

With respect, there are not many 40 year old things that people would try and buy replacements for as a temporary solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back