fuse box blunder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: Whilst doing some repairs I have cracked the mains fuse holder does anyone know where I can get a replacement its quite an old one I think.The name on the whole fuse box is Wylex but on the mains fuse holder it says Henleys can anyone help please.

Sponsored Links
The service head is the property of your local DNO (District Network Operator). To have this repaired you will need to contact whoever sends you your electricity bill, explain that the service head is cracked/damaged and they will contact the DNO and arrange for them to come and repair it.

However be prepared to explain just how it became cracked, the main fuse carrier doesn't just crack without reason, what exactly have you been doing?

Under no circumstances should you attempt to repair it yourself.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou to everyone who replied to me.I will take up all advise and get the professionals in to repair or replace it.

The guys from the electricity board came out and fixed it for me .They advised me to get the whole place rewired as the wiring is rather dated.
So at least when thats done I know the place will be sound electrically wise.
Once again thanks to all who replied.
George12

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back