3 Phase Fused DB to a 63A RCD CU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a 3 phase fused Distribution Box in my Garage fed from a 83A fused isolator , I want to run a 63A RCD Garage CU from it ,the fuses that are in are 20A double fuse holders , the feed to these is a 16mm2 4 core swa ,the earth is via the armour .
The problem is that there is not enough room in the bottom feed in to the 20A fuse holder to take the 16mm2 that is in , and another 10mm2 I need to take the feed from .
Anyone have a idea how it can be done , I was thinking of using a Henley block in some way , I could of course change the whole DB box , but at this moment I need a easier way if not temp way at the moment ,

Attachments

• Fuse box Main DB cropped 2.jpg
    Fuse box Main DB cropped 2.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 172
Sponsored Links
Is this a a private garage, Piston, or is it a place of work?

Whats going on with the multiple undersized cables in the incomming blocks? And the outgoing way thats bigger than the incomming? (or is it, or is it that someone has for some reason supplied the board though one of the outgoing ways:s

You need to be getting someone in to have a look at changing that board, rather than trying to bodge a garage board onto it!

Hi Adam

The top right swa cable is the feed in to the bottom of the fuse holders , as you can see by the yellow phase coming down it is the same size as the top outlets , the smaller wires going into the bottom, feed a sub DB that is not used , yes those wires are two small for a 83A feed , this was fitted by a electrical company many years ago , only just noticed recently. But it is coming out ,but still there is not enough space with this wire removed to fit a 10mm2 in its place .

Provided you can satisfy yourself and any other relevant parties that the box is still safe for use, complies with IP requirements, cannot be opened without the use of a tool, etc etc....

Then you could use pretty much any type of connector that's suitable for the cable size and current involved. Insulated line taps are probably the most compact option.
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Produc...=finalurl_v2&gclid=CKab4NbXgNACFW0A0wod8hoBxg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back