Supply to a 63A RCB

Sponsored Links
Doesn't this require notification / certification etc etc?

Sponsored Links
Doesn't this require notification / certification etc etc?
Certification maybe, but it sounds like it's not domestic so wouldn't come under part p.
Either way, designing and testing correctly would be an excellent idea.

You've changed the supply fuse? The one the DNO owns? Cut the seals?

No it is not the DNO fuse , how on earth would I do that ! , this 3 phase fuse box is in my workshop , feed to it is via a 3 phase 63A / 30mA , taken from "MY" main 3 phase breaker , in a separate building where the DNO ( The Grid ) comes into the property .

I can put whatever fuse I want to ( for whatever power I need ) , nothing to do with the Grid .

Hi
Sorry to hijack this , but I have a similar question , well nearly similar , I have a 240V 3 phase supply going into my outbuilding , I need to put a couple of double sockets and 3x 100W ceiling lights ( fixed to a open beam ) , the fused isolator MEM was there when I bought house / land , it has been there for quite awhile , it has 3 x 30A cartridge fuses in it , now without going to deep into this and people shouting you don't know what you are doing , I am not going to do anything , I am wanting to know what can be done before getting a sparky in , ok , I would like to have a Garage unit fitted ( MK 5704SSP1 6 Way Consumer Unit - Weathertight - Super Garage Kit , 1 x 63A RCD + 2x16Amcb , 1x6A mcb ) !!!! .

regards

Anne

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back