63A Main Supply 2 x 9 KW Chip Fryers in Burger Van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently running my mobile burger van on 32 amp supply with no problems.

However, due to an upgrade to powerful, single phase 2 x 9KW chip fryers, electricity board will soon supply me 63A for my mobile burger trailer.

Other than the above mentioned fryers, I have large domestic fridge/freezer, ordinary kettle, usual lighting, cash register, radio etc to run on this power.

I must also mention that there will probably loss of power as my cable to hook up to main supply is about 10 meter long. I need this length cable as we can not always park near to our electricity supply.

Could anyone please tell me what kind of consumer unit and what amp RCB/RCBO s should I buy.

Thank you in advance,

Tom

Sponsored Links
personally I would be looking at if you need fryers that big, not really mobile IMO when you are going to be needing 85A as a supply, thats not far of a whole house!

never mind just the RCBOs etc, what supply do you have avaliable, is it capable of providing you with another 50A? a 50A 10M cable is going to be unweildy.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure they are 9K thats a hellava big element most I have seen are like the Lincat or Falcon at 6K, maybe your looking at it upside down at 6KW a piece thats a shade over 52w that would tie in with your 63A proposed If I were you I'd go for portable gas bottles a hellava lot cheaper and solves your access to power issue and small honda genny will do the rest
DM

What's the point of a mobile burger van that's only used in 1 place?

Anyway....

Could anyone please tell me what kind of consumer unit and what amp RCB/RCBO s should I buy.
No - you must get an electrician to sort all this out for you.

Are you sure they are 9K thats a hellava big element most I have seen are like the Lincat or Falcon at 6K, maybe your looking at it upside down at 6KW a piece thats a shade over 52w that would tie in with your 63A proposed If I were you I'd go for portable gas bottles a hellava lot cheaper and solves your access to power issue and small honda genny will do the rest
DM

Itake it he cant apply diversity? :cool:

Lots of gen here:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/1.1.htm

Fryer is Lincat DF618 twink tank with 2 x 9 KW elements.
http://www.lincatequipment.com/product.asp?urn=1425&c_urn=183

I have used this fryer with my current 32A fuse. It did trip the fuse NOW and THAN and cables were worm.

According EDF, they can not supply me more , because of my supply box in public place.

(If you live your mobile unit parked where you trade over night it gets vandalised. )

According EDF, they can not supply me more , because of my supply box in public place.

Rubbish, ask them again, I know of at least 5 situations locally where there is more than 63A available in public locations, and thats only the ones I have used.

I didnt take too much in the way of diversity into account on the grounds of everything being used at the same time, at leat the way I wold normally look at it.

start work: turn everything on, so the fryers would be at full load at the same time, whislt thats warming up, put the kettle on...

wouldnt the slightly smaller DF612 be any good, it still does 80Lb of chips an hour, with the bach size being virtually the same, thats 6Kw less.

Might have been a good idea to have looked at upping it to 3 phase as well.
With all the complications involved I'll 2nd BAS on the get an electrician in to do it for you.

No, but he will be in breach of the HASWA and the EAWR to name a couple which have been around a lot longer and have a lot more prosecutions under their belts for getting it wrong. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back