Wylex Fuse box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had the fuse in my wylex fuse box blow on 2 occassions in the last six months...I now realise that I had increased my showers power from 8.5 watt to 10 watt whilst still using a 30 amp fuse...no probs so far I think...I have purchased the relevant 45 amp fuse holder with the green base and have tried to change base and fuse in the fuse box with the new 45 amp fuse set up...however there is a little spur (piece of plastic) on the green base that will not let me insert it into the fuse box fully

Any ideas pls

JJ

Sponsored Links
The keyway is there to prevent it being inserted in a position for which is is not suitable. More importantly, has the cable+isolator been upgraded/checked for suitability with the additional load? Please also note this work will be notifiable under part p of the building regs.

That little tag has just saved your life.

It is there to stop you putting such a big fuse in a fuse box which is not designed to carry that sort of load.

Most standard wylex 'rewireable' fuseboxes are designed for a maximum fuse size of 30A.

If you fit a 45A fuse to your fuse box, in a few weeks you may find something like this:

07112006291.jpg

burntfuse.jpg

Or worse :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back