45 Amp Rewireable Fuse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while back, the local Do it All store sold wylex Mcb, cartridge fuses ratings 5, 15,20, 30 and 45 amp (well mcbs were slightly different sizes) and rewireable fuses 5, 15 , 20 and 30 amp but no 45 amp. Im not sure if they might have done though 15-20 years back though, but I'm not sure. Was a wylex standard range 45 amp 3036 fuse ever available? I can say I have never seen a card of fuse wire with 45 amp on it though.

Sponsored Links
The 45A protective devices from Wylex were AFAIK only available as cartridge fuses, and they normally sat on the opposite side of the main switch to all the other fuses.
45A fuse wire is available though (I can sell you some if you want 8 ;) :D )

Sponsored Links
The 45A MCBs or BS1361 cartridge fuses for Wylex boards have an additional keyway on the base as to only fit in one specific place on a CU. IIRC they will only fit in 100A boards, as has been pointed out if there is a postion the opposite side of the switch it goes in that one. If there isn't an individual fuse position the the board is compatable it will go in the first position next to the switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back