fuseboard question

Sponsored Links
Fit a few emergency lights then.

I forgot to mention - the new landing light will be an emergency one, there's no way the gear will fit through an Armeg hole, and I need to screw it to a joist. Another reason for lifting the loft flooring.

And as much as I like tools, I can't see me being allowed to buy a Fein just to save me moving boxes in the loft, especially as (apparently) they're full of junk I'll never need, and perhaps instead of moving them about I could throw them away... ;)

So I need to charge to do a periodic inspection before i can quote to replace in the CU?? Then do another test and inspect once the job is done?????????

Sponsored Links
So I need to charge to do a periodic inspection before i can quote to replace in the CU?? Then do another test and inspect once the job is done?????????

So you are quite happy to say to a customer, "i'll change your cu for £300"

Then when you start you find all the problems I mentioned. Do you just say to your customer "whoops, the price has just gone upto £900."

What it they can not afford to pay for the remedial work? Do you leave them without electric, or do you reconnect dangerous wiring?

Why would you need to do a full test after you have changed a CU if you've already done a periodic?

Things like no. of points, ring end to ends, R1+R2, polarity, Ze, IR readings will all remain unchanged.

All you need to to do is a quick Zs on the end of each circuit when you have finished the CU swap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back