fused sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have a unused (for 15yrs) fused socket in my kitchen which was used for turning my immersion heater on upstairs,would it be ok to take this socket out and replace it with a double plug socket

Sponsored Links
if you mean a switch spur, well yes if outgoing cable has been removed. you will need to check what size cable is feeding it if it is 2.5mm cable it can go on a 20A breaker maximum. you will also need for it to be protected by an RCD if it could be used to feed outside of your property

fireman22 said:
if you mean a switch spur, well yes if outgoing cable has been removed.
Yes

you will need to check what size cable is feeding it if it is 2.5mm cable it can go on a 20A breaker maximum.
Maybe.

It could be a spur from a socket circuit, in which case it can simply be replaced by a socket, subject to the normal rules for unfused spurs.

you will also need for it to be protected by an RCD if it could be used to feed outside of your property
Yes.

And Jeff - if you are in Lincs then the law says that you have to notify your LABC before you do this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back