Fused spur on Fridge Freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an American style fridge freezer which I need to replaced. I've just looked and the current on a fused spur and all the new appliances I have been looking at have a plug.

I know this is a bit of a dumb question but can I just cut the plug off and rewire the new applicance in?

Many thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I have an American style fridge freezer which I need to replaced. I've just looked and the current on a fused spur and all the new appliances I have been looking at have a plug.

I know this is a bit of a dumb question but can I just cut the plug off and rewire the new applicance in?

Many thanks for any help!

Or change the fused spur front plate for a socket.

Sponsored Links
That’s great, thanks for the feedback. the new one has been ordered so I’ll leave the plug on and change the face plate.

Remember if you cut off a moulded plug from a new appliance you void its warranty. Check first with the maker.

I have a samsung American fridge freezer and when i put it in i had to cut a large hole to feed plug thru side of unit as removing the plug voided the warranty. It was in the manual.

I have a samsung American fridge freezer and when i put it in i had to cut a large hole to feed plug thru side of unit as removing the plug voided the warranty. It was in the manual.
Fantastic! I've always wanted to find an example of such stupidity in a manufacturer's instructions. Can you tell us the model number so I can look it up and make a complaint to support yours?

If the plug you fit or spur fail and break the appliance it voids the warranty. Any maker of a large appliance will try fob you off and use as an excuse not to replace.

Well i can only go off what it said and what i was told when i asked. Always better to check than have the hassle of them using excuses for failure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back