G 3/4" and BSPP 3/4"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please tell me, do the above two designations refer to the one and same thing?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
With my micrometer I measure the external diameter of a male BSPP 3/4" to be 26.5mm.

However I have another male and female connector, it purports to be 3/4", it is parallel, and it measures 25.7mm external diameter. As a result it is not compatible with the 3/4" BSPP (it is smaller). The suppliers of this connector have called it "ISO 228, standard 3/4" but I am not sure exactly what it is. All I know is that it is parallel and that my 3/4" BSPP is too large to fit in (it seems by 0.8mm).

Any idea what it might be?

Who's the supplier and what is the connector designed for?

Sponsored Links
It is a 20" water filter housing, which has two ports, for input and output, both plastic, and there are two such housings interconnected with a male-male plastic connector, which is shown here

http://www.wiltec.de/naturewater-er...re=wiltec_english&___from_store=wiltec_german

and which I have measured with the micrometer to be 25.7mm rather than the BSPP which is 26.5mm.

The description is pants, this is not 3/4" anything, and is not 26.16mm, since I have measured to be 25.7mm.

I'm running out of suggestions!

The only things I can think of is to take the piece you want to attach to a decent (independent) plumbers merchant and try everything they could suggest.

Failing that try a pool supplies merchant and see if they have anything which may fit - most pool fittings are plastic and can have a few size variations - the clue being the 'O' rings forming the seal rather than the thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is a parallel fitting so the seal is mostly made with the O ring. However there is no male connector with an external diameter of 25.7mm. I keep looking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back