22 compression fitting on 3/4 pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings fellow do-gooders!

I have searched for the answer to this before i posted and could not find the answer so mods please be gentle with me.

I am putting new heating controls in an existing system. The existing pipework is 3/4 inch. The new motorised valve that I am installing has 22mm connections.

Can I connect the 3/4 pipe to the 22mm fitting on the valve if I use a 3/4 inch olive or what is the best way to approach this?

Many Thanks in advance...

V

Sponsored Links
In a word yes , just replace the 22mm olives with 3/4 olives and bobs your uncle . :LOL: :LOL:

I once got caught out not noticing pipe was 3/4" not 22mm just reconnecting install at 17.30 on a saturday (not all of us play golf) didnt have any 3/4" olives or reducers on board. result: red faced plumber!!!! Unhappy punter and mad ring round pals. Hot water wasnt restored until 20.45 and my other half sulked allday sunday about missing sat night out.
ALWAYS carry everything!

22MM copper olives work just as well. No need to bother with 3/4 olives

Sponsored Links
:cry: Hi, put compression on 3/4 pipes and still loose onto 22mm pipes to feed taps etc?Wont tighten!

Use a rothenberger pipe expander to enlarge the pipe slightly and 22mm olives will work.

Tighten them up then undo again and wrap a little ptfe tape around the olive and retighten. Works for me (on several occasions)

:D

:( Hi thanks for your recent advice! However, ive now got another problem! Gate water valve for the cold mains is stuck shut!
What can I do?

turn off main in footpath outside of house boundary near road.. replace valve in house with a stopcock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back