G-Tech (Gardtec) 490x / Possible Upgrade suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Moved into a house that's got a Gardtec 490x installed, we are missing the engineer's code.

I have upgraded the PIR's so that they are 'pet friendly' which for the most part work. However the cat is setting off the kitchen sensor by jumping onto the sides.

I could do with being able to disable the kitchen PIR and leave the others running but it seems that without the engineers code I'm pretty stuck, I can delete PIR's with the master code but I don't think there is an option to create zones.

I have followed the reset procedure in the engineers guide and the default master code is now 5678, however the engineers code of 1234 does not seem to have reset so I can only assume it's locked somehow.

I have tried to do both:

Enter master code > engineers code

Enter engineers code > nothing happens.

Searching around Google there is a mention of the lock out code being defaulted to something like 9xxx for some of the GuardTec panels, however I don't know if this is relevant to the model I have / how this should be entered.

On the other hand I also wouldn't mind an alarm system which is able to to call / text me / connect to my router and be reset remotely, any suggestions? I'm not looking to a spent a fortune, (something around £100(ish) on the panel / control).

Sponsored Links
If it is engineer locked ( eng code start with a 9 ) forget it cheaper to buy another panel , have you tried to set system with master code then turn off with default eng code before it sets ? En version ,

If it is engineer locked ( eng code start with a 9 ) forget it cheaper to buy another panel , have you tried to set system with master code then turn off with default eng code before it sets ? En version ,

Thanks for the reply

Just tried and no luck. I'm not even entirely sure as to if I have the EU/none EU version so I didn't want to start going through all of the 9xxx codes to find that I've been entering them wrong.

Your not going to get a panel to do what you want for £100

Can you provide a suggestion to what I should be looking at? Whilst searching around I cam across the 'Texecom Premier Elite ComGSM' panels.

It does not need to be under £100, just not a fortune. I will pay for quality / features.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Best option at moment premier 24 elite plastic + keypad + wifi com around £150 + your app this can do push notifications via email .

Could I please trouble you to post some links if you don't mind please? (or to PM me them if its against forum rules?).

Thanks.

Failing that take a look at the Honeywell Galaxy G2-12. You can buy a control panel and keypad from eBay for £50-£60 brand new.

GalaxyGuy on this forum has produced a £50 ethernet module that enables text, email and voice notifications, and remote control of the alarm from iPhone and Android phones. Take a look at www.selfmon.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back