G2P DWI - All lights go off as door closes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a G2P DWI that is appoximately three years old and had the pump replaced about this time last year. Now another problem has reared its head. Power to the control panel is intermittent. This is indicated by the lights going on and off (not flashing or blinking regularly) as the door is opened and closed. It is independent of the door lock as the lights go out at anything from being fully open to within an inch of the door closing. Is there some sort of switch involved here or is it likelyto be a bad connection or broken wire.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi Breezer
Thanks for the almost instataneous repsonse.
All of the wires are encassed in a plastic sleeve that feeds back into the base of the machine. I guess its most likely that any break would be at the bend. But as there are many wires involved and the break will not necessarily have gone through the insulation is there any clue as to which one(s) carry the power to the control panel.

Thanks again

sorry, dishwashers were not my thing, :cry: i only did home laundry

Sponsored Links
Thanks Breezer

Is there anyone else that can help with wire identification before I have to trace and go through the lot of them PLEASE. Sleepyhead perhaps

Cheers

Sorry, no short cuts I'm afraid. Strip the door down, watch the razor sharp edges, remove the plastic strip and extra insulation then look and pull on each cable till you find the break.

You could of course trace the wire back from the on/off switch.

OK thanks for your Help Sleepyhead and Breezer.

I'll get the meter out and get testing on Saturday morning when its forecast to be raining here anyway.

Thanks for all the advice, I'll post a reply after I've gone through it all just in case anyone else has the same problem.

Cheers

Honitonman

it will be a broken wire. the question is which one?
and the one you find broken may not be the same one as some elses :cry: but good luck

Hi Breezer, Sleepyhead

Brilliant remote diagnostics, it was indeed a broken wire.

It had broken at the front of the base of the washer.

It became apparent when having taken off the front panel and the plate that supports it, that the wide plastic insulation sleeve was broken on its outside edge at the base where it curves round into the base of the washer.

Fortunately there was enough slack in it to bare off both ends and solder then together with some insulating tape. Having done that I then started to reassemble the front panel and noticed that the bottom (sharp) edge of the support panel rubs on the plastic insulation sleeve and was probably the cause of it failing in the first place.

This breakage then allowed movement of the plastic sleeve in effect opening and closing the gap as the door was opened. I assume that the thick blue wire was pinched by the plastic until it was broken and only making contact when the door was open.

I have 'modified' the support panel with a hacksaw and hammer so that the bottom edge of the support panel no longer touches the sleeve as the two items move relative to each other.

Didn't take too long to sort but your help was invaluable in pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back