g3 panel, progamming group choice etc puzzling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a Honeywell g3 panel and myself and an engineer are missing something, so any idea's?

system has 3 groups on it (1,2,4), problem is we can't program fobs to work on certain solo areas or certain combinations.
this is how it's working at the minute:
group 1 can't be programmed to set solo
group 2 can be programmed to set solo
group 4 can't be programmed to set solo
group 1 and 4 (group choice) can't be programmed to set
group 1 and 2 (group choice) can be programmed to set
group 4 and 2 (group choice) can be programmed to set
group 1,2 and 4 (group choice) can be programmed to set with any combination.
as you can see as long as group 2 is included we have a choice

there are no groups set on area set first in code 63 options, 2 setting logic (option 1 group mode is enabled)

not the easiest thing to explain!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Group 4 is the common group. Groups 1, 2 and 3 can be programmed as individual and can be programmed to affect the common group - 4. (menu 63.1.2)

Your question is not clear enough for me to work out your issue. You would need to detail your zone map / group map and then detail what is going wrong when you are trying to set the system.

The G2 doesn't give a group 4 choice, as group 4 is the common group - that's where I don't understand your question.

Perhaps posting with some pictures would help.

sorry since discovered its a galaxy 48 (g3) programming menu differs from g2 in menu option 63.

Told you it was hard to explain!
I'll try and get more info.

In short when programming users fobs, if I give each fob holder group choice of group 1,2 & 4 all groups can be set/unset together or individually.
If I give each fob holder group choice of say groups 1 & 4 only, they won't set/unset
together or individually. (fob won't work)
Same as for giving a fob holder access to say a single group e.g. 1 or 4 won't set/unset, but give access to group 2 individually and it can be set/unset as it should.
Seems I must include group 2 in all combinations to be able to set/unset other groups!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just recently discovered I can have individual group control on any group if I use a programmed pin number instead of a fob but if using a fob I must include group 2 for the fob to work (set/unset).
Eg group 1&2 or 4&2

I'm thinking could it be because group 2 has an ordinary keypad without a proximity card reader whilst groups 1 and 4 have?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back