G9 capsule lowest Wattage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody know what the smallest power G9 capsule lamp is? I can't find less than 25W

I've searched for example, for G9 lamp 8W and get half a million results, none of which is actually for a 8W G9. If I knew what Watts to search for I might have more luck. Even better if someone can point me to a supplier.

The reason is we have two light fittings in our dining room each with 9 25W lamps in. Yes I knew they were getting bought but I thought I'd just be able to fill them with lower Wattage lamps. They are on a 500W dimmer so no problem except a certain member of the household always turns them up full everytime she goes in the room and never turns them off again. I've tried explaininig it only seems dark in the middle of a sunny day because she has gone in there from outside or from a room with bigger windows but...

Unfortunately removing half the bulbs is noticable.

Sponsored Links
Yep, 25W is the smallest they do in G9

Jus fit another dimmer in the circuit somewhere, and leave it set at half. Don't tell her where it is :LOL:

Rocky, I'll find out more about 7W energy savers.

RF: I like your thinking with the hidden dimmer. I did (not seriously) consider putting both fittings in series but was hoping lower Wattage bulbs would be out there somewhere.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back