gable end cutting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive heard some bricky use trowels to cut brick, any tips to master the technique?

Sponsored Links
Use either this,
G231.jpg

Or this,
675165S.jpg

Sponsored Links
surprising, i heard that from a couple of bricky's about how brickys on site don't mess about with bolstors etc they cut with the trowels. i dont know i guess everyone has there own way.

It depends on what type of brick is being cut, what their trowel is, and the angle of the cut.
If you are looking for a neat cut up the gable end you might need a machine cut.
BTW you got out the footings fast, you must be quick.

lol, Stuart, This is what you call forward planning. ;)
T

his is the best best to get advice, so many things ive picked up from here that i never knew. thanks guys

I worked on a site recently with the best brickie i have seen and i never once saw him use anything other than his marshaltown to cut bricks. I'm talking pretty light ibstock clay bricks here of course, it's not really doable with concrete bricks.

i agree with the guys with the photos good old hammer and bolster does the job too. trowels are for moving the mortar from the board to the wall

always seen them cut with a trowel - but they were flettons , and it was the golden decades 60`s 70`s ;) and it was the back edge of the trowel - not the face that scrapes the board/removes the muck from the joint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back