Gable end. Keeping a wet edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just finished painting a very large gable end. When it dried I noticed that it has verticle lines down it. I understand the importance of keeping a wet edge, but how is this achieved? And whats more how do you keep a wet edge on such a large area?
Any help would be very helpful
Thanks for reading
DG

Sponsored Links
I can understand your frustration here, annoying is it not. If this was your first application on bare masonry then what you describe is both frequent and normal. If however it was previously painted then other factors could become apparent.

The keeping of a wet edge can rely on speed of application and also the subsequent weather conditions, application of such a paint system in direct sunlight can dramaticly disturb the natural drying times of these paints, also humid conditions can have the effect of what is often termed as cross drying.

In simple terms any a thicker application will take longer to dry than a thiner one thus causing a deviation in the overall effect of your choosen paint system.

Dec.

Make the vertical lines as random and jagged as you can with the roller :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back