Gadgets

2scoops0406

I was wondering....

A recent article in some rag suggested that the most popular gadgets "we" own are

Digital Camera
Mobile phone
Laptop
Playstation 2
Portable CD player
MP3 player
Digital Camcorder.
PDA. (I think there were a couple more)

I found this a bit strange, 'cos although I work in the strategy and futures department in IT, I "own" none of the above mentioned items, and have no desire to. What do you lot think ?

Sponsored Links
Although not absolutely essential to a happy and fulfilled life, some of them are nice to own in my opinion. I've got:

1. A rather aged mobile phone that I use twice a week. If I didn't have it, I'd have to find a phone box that works.

2. A digital camera that has taken the place of the film camera.

I'm hankering after a digital camcorder.

As if that weren't enough, I'm thinking of getting a phone with a camera in it to take out when I'm out pedalling around the countryside. Then I won't have to carry items 1 and 2 separately.

my missus thinks her rampant rabbit is the best gadget she's got ;)

She didn't buy that because you were too busy playing with the gadgets in the list above did she? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
no, she was educating me on how to use the remote control one day and......................................................... :LOL:

The only buttons you need to know about are stop, play, ff, rewind and eject. How hard can a digital camcorder be??

aaah, a man of experience. Thats how dirty den got caught on the internet.......................webcaming himself ;) :LOL:

But what is wrong with :-

Being non-contactable.
The sound of silence is fine for me most of the time (it's quite rare actually)
Video games bore me unless they are simple and I can just blast things with impunity. Problem solving blah, blah, yaaaaawn!
PDA, what for, use your memory. I cringe every time I see one of our guys cursing and tapping away at a useless piece of techno s**t, whereas I've written it down in my notebook in a tenth of the time. Don't even start me on tablet P.C's (snigger!!)
MP3, oh come on, fine for personal stereo's rubbish on a proper system.

That's enough I'm definitely a grumpy old man, O'im orrf to drink 15 pints of old foaming f' wit down ma locaaal ! An' smash a few of them new fangled 'orseless carridges on me way. :LOL:

nstreet said:
The only buttons you need to know about are stop, play, ff, rewind and eject.

For a minute there, nstreet, I thought you were talking about the Rampant Rabbit!!!!!

The trouble with technology is that it is inherently unreliable, the eject button doesn't seem to work at all... :rolleyes:

Try pulling the eject button instead of pushing it. That might work.

Doubly so if your wife should walk in and catch you.
:oops:

God gave man two eyes, an active imagintation and the only gadget he should ever need. ;)

Eddie M said:
Digital Camera
Mobile phone
Laptop
Playstation 2
Portable CD player
MP3 player
Digital Camcorder.
PDA. (I think there were a couple more)

i own: digicam (built into old MP3 player)
mobile
portabe CD player
mp3 player
digital camcorder (built into MP3 player)
PDA

I've still got my quadrophonic system stored in my loft for when I get the suitable space, something tells me it will be a long time yet.

Sponsored Links
Back