Gaining entry through Wooden Storm Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to arrange access to my flat with a Joiner, (however his experience is in PVC Doors), as my estranged wife has somehow lost/witheld the keys.
The storm doors are held by a sash mortice and mckenzie lock but the hardest test is the Abloy. Any serious tips/assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
we have no way of knowing if you are legally entitled to break into this home.

I know that. If you wish to speak to my Solicitor they will confirm the position. Trust me, I'm not a burgular.

best approach a reputable local locksmith who will satisfy himself first.

Sponsored Links
Thats the problem, money, if I had it I wouldn't have hesitated arranging it. Thanks for your response however.

It will work out far cheaper to call a locksmith than repair the doors after a joiner has been at them.

Right Ok i'll try, the sash mortice can be picked, if your not very good at picking you can drill the bolt stump out, for that i would need to see the lock to identify which lock it is to get the critical measurements on where to drill.

Regarding the mckenzie lock, i haven't a clue what this is.

As for the abloy, well these are high security locks last time i looked so i doubt anything you get from an internet forum will get you past this lock.

As has been said, a locksmith stood in front of the door is better placed than we are but expect £60 ph and half that for every other hour after that + the new locks, locksmiths don't come cheap but nor does their training

I'm going to take a guess that the mortice sashlock is euro driven, and that Mckenzie is stamped on the face of the euro cylinder. The abloy is likely to be a rim cylinder. All can be picked, all can be destroyed - but the locksmith stands the best chance of getting you in with the least amount of damage - plus they can verify your right to entry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back