Gainsborough 2000x shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can identify the problem with the Gainsborough Energy 2000x shower (don't know if it's the 9.5 or 10.8 version), which has worked fine without incident for the last 7 years.

Basically I can't get anything hotter than warm water from the shower now, and that's only intermittantly on the "high" setting with the dial at around 6 o'clock. The majority of the time the water is tepid, which is obviously not much use.

I haven't noticed any other changes when the power comes on, the same LED's light up, though there is a slight vibrating sound every now and then, but to be honest that could have been happening before.

I took the front panel off the shower console and was confronted with lots of electrical wires and parts I though it best not to touch, for now.

TIA

Sponsored Links
I would test the elements to see if one has failed.

Do you have a multimeter and the knowledge to use it safely?

Thanks for your reply, appreciated.

The element(s) were my first thought, however after bit of an internet search I came across topics on the 'heat exchanger', which in my ignorance presumed was a device that either acted as an element(s) or contained them inside.

As for testing, unfortunately I have neither the knowledge or the equipment to do this, however I do have a friend that could. Perhaps if I could pass on some details of what should actually be tested, and where it's located, this would speed up the process for him.

Thanks again, and any further info would be appreciated.

I would test the elements to see if one has failed.

Do you have a multimeter and the knowledge to use it safely?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back