Galaxy alarm Line fail 4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, can anyone assist with this persistent fault on a galaxy alarm displaying LINE FAIL

Sponsored Links
Phone line fault. Does your telephone work during these periods?

Hi John,

It's a line fail 4, which i believe is to do with ethernet ..

Do you have a galaxy Ethernet or selfmon module installed? Has this always been an issue or something new? Also which galaxy panel do you have?

Sponsored Links
Hi Omega,

It has a galaxy ethernet module, and it's a new fault one we've had since we've moved it onto a VLan. Think the panel is a galaxy 3-48..

Is the Ethernet module connected to the switch and that switch is doing the vlan? Its probably to do with how your tagging/untagging the ports. How are you handling the monitoring i.e. internal server or external? You might need to plug your laptop or something into the switch port the galaxy is using and ensure you can access the server from that one.

The intruder alarm is reporting back to the monitoring pc fine, it pings fine, and everything appears fine. Just cannot clear the line fail

Oh, do a couple of ethernet engineer tests and I believe that should clear it.

Sorry, I edited my post above to be more specific. In menu 56 go to Ethernet and then option 05 Engineer test. do that a couple of times and hopefully the fail should clear assuming the test is successful each time.

Tests were succesful but linefail com 4 is still present from yesterday

Did you come out of engineer mode? Code + esc? Comms fail can be pain to clear apparently but for me, a couple of comms engineer tests and engineer log outs clear them.

Yes unfortunately i've done that since yesterday and the problem still persists.
it's too much of a coincidence that both alarms that have moved into a Vlan have the fault

You have 2 separate alarms that both have comms 4 faults on the same vlan? Are you able to bring the server out of the vlan and the alarm and see if that does clear the issue, that way you can be sure if the vlan is at fault. Also what program are you using to monitor/communicate with? It could be the monitoring program isn't sending the heartbeat to the panel therefore the panel goes into comms fail. You can turn fail to comm off btw (56.4.7.1) if its not needed or change the interval / signal paths.

In 56.4.7.2 what setting do you have? Also maybe try disabling any firewalls just in case its the specific port being blocked but your ping is still getting through.

EDIT: Also can you confirm if the server IP is in 56.4.2.6.3 or 56.4.2.2.1 or both?

Last edited:
Yes two seperate alarms on the vlan and unfortunately i cannot do anything with the network.

Programme is Galaxy remote servicing suite.

In 56.4.7.2 the setting is Primary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back