Galaxy alarm Line fail 4

Apart from 10001 and 10002 do you know what ports galaxy use as standard

Sponsored Links
It should be just those that I'm aware of (unless you changed them on the panel). I was just double checking my rss event mon. Are you able to use a port scan program to confirm those ports are open for both the server and panel? Do you need/want the heartbeat monitoring and line fail monitoring?

Waits for @GalaxyGuy to jump in and point out any obvious issue :D

Last edited:
I changed the signal path from Primary to any and changed the protocal from UDP to TCP and then back to UDP and it stopped coming up with the fault

I wonder if you have the server in secondary ip or the alarm monitor section which would explain if you didn't have it in primary. Although it could of been just latching in fail mode and being stubborn to come out of.

Sponsored Links
Yeah i think it was the latter. Thanks a lot for the info and support!

You guys were too fast for me.

The handling of comm's fails are annoying on the Galaxy. If you happen to set up a non existent receiver or make an adjustment to the receiver so that the receiver no longer exists and a heartbeat or event is then sent to the non existent receiver, then the Ethernet module holds the event in its output buffer and signals the comm fail. It's then difficult to clear the fail, as the event cannot be flushed. By changing the panel options around the receiver, this has cleared the buffer. Honeywell have attempted to provide an override for this in the Flex firmware, but it still needs some work. The Flex was a big problem, as the GPRS/GSM module would run into this issue more often than the Ethernet modules do.

Problem exists still in 2020. Mine appeared after push-server address was changed in May. Using GD-48 with 7.x firmware and E080-10 Ethernet module. Removed the module from RS-bus, send plenty of engineer tests, and removed server address from settings and few reboots. Can't pinpoint which one exactly helped to solve problem, but it was PITA and something you don't tell in a phone call to your granny how to solve it.

Yep, there's a comm's fault suppression option in flex firmware which resolves this. I've pleaded with Honeywell for this in Dimension, but it has been deaf ears I'm afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back