Galaxy Dimension 0k N/C zone resistance option?

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hi,
I do have currently project on wiring few new zones to GD-48, previously had only RF Zones. Panel has 7.something firmware. Story (and documentation) tells, that GD-panels need always serial- and/or parallel resistors depending on zone confirmation and detector capabilities (mask, antitamper, fault). I was bit surprised to find resistance option 0k N/C, which obviously refers to zero Ohms, normally connected. No documentation on this, installer manuals I was able to find don't recognize resistorless option (I think it was called Option 11 on firmware). Tried it with 1k resistors in place, no errors when exiting engineering mode.

Now, the question is, are there any known caveats on using 0k zones? I don't need tamper, mask or anything fancy. Zones are wired using Cat5 and Cat6 cables, detectors have N/C relays. Working 0k would make wiring and retrofitting easier...

Sponsored Links
0K is a wire link????

Not galaxyguy so without checking the manuals i cant confirm this for you.

The obvious downside is that wiring faults are more difficult to detect with normally closed circuit config. If your wiring resistance was creeping due to water ingress or bad connection, then the first you'd know about it would be false alarm or a failure to detect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back