EOL and zoning (galaxy)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently refitting a refurbished Galaxy 16 unit into small commercial premises. From fitting the odd panel years ago I remember that I need 1kohm resistors to use on each detector. If i have one detector per zone I have no problem in wiring the tamper and detection resistors in the PIR. However if i require more that one detector per zone, what configuration of resistor to PIR's and the wiring is required????

Sponsored Links
if you need (we dont reccomend two pirs on one zone) you only use the shunt resistor in parralel over the alarm detection circuit,

The way to connect is a s follows;

take one leg of the incomming cable to the 1st PIR
connect to alarm (nc) terminal, complete with 1K resistor leg
take the other leg of the resistor, and another resistor let
and connect to the other alarm terminal (nc)

the other leg from the second resistor connect with one leg of the
cable feeding the other PIR

with the other leg from the existing PIR and the second leg from the second PIR connect them to a terminal block in the pir

now go to the other PIR and connect as follows
one leg from the incoming cable
connect to the alarm (nc) terminal with leg from thr reistor (1K)
connect the other cable leg to the other side of the PIR with the other leg of the resistor

then obviously connect the + and - to the 1st and second PIRS

test
you should get in the closed cycle !K ish
and open, detector 1 upto and above 2K

and with both activate d 3K and above

if you have a Galaxy 16 / 16+ with a RIO (remote In Out unit) you can add another 8 circuits (zones).

try this but if you need any other info

just post

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back