wiring 2 p.i.r.s to 1 zone in a galaxy g2-20 control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to connect 2 p.i.r.s el100 to 1 zone in a galaxy control panel. the p .i.r.s have 8 circuits---1-tamper 2-nc 3-+V 4--v 5-relay 6-alarm 7-eol 8-dl there is a ik resistor between 2&5.&5&6 (2 ik resistors in total) the control panel is a galaxy g2-20,the p.i.r.s are mercury el 100.its a 12 zone panel but i have 13 p.i.r.s i would like some help please.thanks

Sponsored Links
first things first
do you have the engineer code?
and do you know how to program the system?

if so,
why do you want to connect 2 PIR to one zone,
when you have two spare zones in the panel

the way to connect the PIRS is as follows

using 4 / 6 or 8 core cable, you only need 4 cores
do the following

PIR + VE to + VE in panel
PIR - VE to - VE in panel
one wire from one side of the zone wiring of the panel to one side of the PIR marked NC (ALARM),
in the same terminal connect a 1K resistor,
the other leg of the resistor AND another 1K resistor leg, put those into the other NC (ALARM) terminal.

the other leg of the resistor put into one of the TAMP (TAMPER) terminals
the spare cable you have put it into the other TAMP (TAMPER) terminal

after you have done this

connect the 1st pair of cables to the panel zone connection
then the second set of cables to the other zone connections
then connect power to the sensors

program ant test your system

john

hi john----yes i can get into eng.mode & i can reprog. i have the door contacts on 1 zone & 12 p.i.r.s connected to the other 11 zones,the 2zones that are connected together are in the hallway(its T shaped).i have 4 wires coming from each p.i.r. red from no.1 tamp,blue from no.3 +,yellow from no. 4 -,green from no.6 alarm.i have fitted a ik resistor between 2&5 & 5&6.(2 ik resistors in total in each p.i.r.) all the p.i.r.s are wired in this manner.where are the 2 extra unused zones? if you could please tell me where the red & green go in the control panel,the contacts in the control panel are marked z17(1017) & ov its a galaxy g2-20 control panel .thanks for your reply to my first query.

hi regarding the above subject,i followed the instructions i was given but alas no joy -only 1 p.i.r. works. where are the 2 spare zones oasistechnical .awaiting your reply. thanks

Sponsored Links
do i need a rio? i realise it would be be better practice to add 1 on but on a temporary basis i was going to join the two.in the manual it says up to 10 p.i.r.s can be connected to 1 zone thanks for the replies

do i need a rio? i realise it would be be better practice to add 1 on but on a temporary basis i was going to join the two.in the manual it says up to 10 p.i.r.s can be connected to 1 zone thanks for the replies

Nothing wrong with that tbh, but i would add the rio.

The manual is quite clear in how to connect the zone wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back